Vendor Direct Fulfillment Onboarding Process - Canada
Vendor Direct Fulfillment Onboarding Process - Canada
Congratulations on becoming a valued partner in the Best Buy Canada “Vendor Direct” program. Welcome to an exciting sales opportunity!
This page is intended to help you move from a potential VDF supplier to an active supplier. As an active vendor with Best Buy Canada's Vendor Direct program, you will find important information and tutorials needed for the onboarding process
ONBOARDING PROCESS SUMMARY
- CommerceHub (CHUB): Is the company who facilitates the EDI communications between the vendor and BBYC. Vendor is responsible for updating CHUB database with shipment information, as well as inventory levels, on a daily basis.
- Shipping: Shipping is conducted by 2 preferred courier companies (Canada Post/Purolator), depending on the type of product you carry. All orders ship on Best Buy’s account. Courier will visit your location to set up the required software and then pick up from your location every day (or as needed).
- Accounting: Best Buy offers our vendor partners an accounting portal called “AP Visibility” free of charge. This is the only available method for viewing account details and filing claims.
- SKU Setups: Best Buy requires all information to be submitted via Excel. This allows you to submit batches of 50 SKUs at a time. It is imperative that we obtain high resolution images of products (a BBYC photography studio can be utilized when necessary).
Step 1 - Signed Contract
The onboarding process starts once hard copies of signed Agreement/Addendum are received by merchant and the completed Welcome Package is provided to Vendor Onboarding Coordinator.
Step 2 - SKU Setup
Please review the SKUP Setup page before moving on to step 3.
Step 3 - Setup with CommerceHub
As a Best Buy Canada vendor partner, you will integrate with CommerceHub. CommerceHub facilitates order information and inventory updates to our website.
There are two different connection types with CommerceHub – Browser (manual) and Integrated (automated). Once the onboarding process begins, CommerceHub's team will reach out to you to review connection details and start the setup process.
Step 4 - Setup with Courier Company
We will help you get set up with the correct courier (depending on the dimensions/weight of the product you will carry). All orders will be shipped on Best Buy's account. (No extra charge for Vendors.)
Weight/Dimension limitations depend on each courier. See details below.
- Max weight: 66 lbs (30 kg)
- Max length: 118 in (300 cm)
- Max size: 78 in (200 cm)
- Max weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
- Max length: 120 in (305 cm)
- Max size: 216 in (549 cm)
Step 5 - Inventory Upload
When a SKU has been set up in our system, you will be asked to upload inventory in CommerceHub. As mentioned in Step 3 above, as a Best Buy Canada vendor partner, you will integrate with CommerceHub. CommerceHub facilitates order information and inventory updates to our website. When a SKU has been set up in our system, you will receive a notification asking you to upload inventory in CommerceHub's OrderStream.
Are you a Browser Vendor? Do you have any questions about how to upload inventory? Review the "Inventory Upload Tutorial - Browser Vendors" below, as it helps with the process from start to finish.
For Integrated Vendors, please use the "Inventory Upload Tutorial - Integrated Vendors."
For questions regarding CommerceHub, please contact PartnerSetup@commercehub.com.
- Inventory upload - Overview
- CommerceHub - Supplier Introductory Guide
- Inventory Upload Tutorial - Browser Vendors
- Inventory Batch Upload - Template
- Inventory Upload Tutorial - Integrated Vendors
- Re-Invoicing in CommerceHub - Tutorial
- Inventory Upload - FAQ
Visit the Merchandise Management page for additional related information.
Step 6 - Shipping and Order Processing
After inventory is uploaded, we will place a test order to make sure each vendor is shipping their products as per the requirements established in the Shipping Guidelines.
In order to get your products to customers, you will need CommerceHub to receive and transmit EDI (PO’s, invoice, inventory), as well as a courier company to physically ship the product.
We will help you get set up with the correct courier (depending on the dimensions/weight of the product you will carry.)
For inquiries about Canada Post, please contact EST Help: (800) 277-4799 / Supplies and Services: (866) 757-5480
LTL (Heavy Goods) - LTL stands for “Less Than Truckload." There are some instances where vendors can use their own carriers for products greater than 150 pounds.
When we start the onboarding process, we will need the following:
- Customer Service Associate's name & contact details, along with tracking website for proposed carrier(s)
- A conference call must be organized and include: BBYC team, vendor account manager and vendor associates.
More information on additional required steps will be provided as soon as you start the process.
See delivery details by postal code below:
At end of month, Vendor will invoice BBYC for the exact amount paid to carriers during the month for BBYC LTL shipments (outbound and returns), along with an itemized detail of shipments using template provided via link below. BBYC will pay this invoice with 30 day terms. Template should be emailed to Vendor Direct Inventory.
Please be sure to send PDF copies of LTL invoices.
Visit the Supply & Logistics page for additional related information.
Step 7 - Accounting