Collect Carrier Tender and Shipping
RDC Inbound Shipping Guide
Table of Contents
- Regional Distribution Centers (RDCs)
- Best Buy Business Days
- Vendor EDI Requirements
- Packaging, Environmental and Recycling Attributes
- Best Buy Receive-Ready
- Receive-Ready Items (SKUs)
- Receive-Ready Cartons
- Receive-Ready Pallets/Bundles
- Receive-Ready Trailers
- Receive-Ready Documents
- Receive-Ready Appointments (Scheduling)
- Additional TV Requirements
- Magnolia Design Center (MDC DC) Requirements
- Courier Door
- Collect Vendor Routing and Shipping
- Collect Carrier Tender and Shipping
- Terms and Definitions
Collect Carrier Tender and ShippingPublished 10/03/2018, 12:16 AM
For questions about this section, email CTMSupport@bestbuy.com.
12.1 Contracted Carrier Definition
A Best Buy Contracted Carrier is a carrier that has developed a strategic partnership with Best Buy that allows for continuous sustainability, extensive collaboration and the development of innovative solutions that benefit the shipper, the carrier and Best Buy.
12.2 General Information and Advantages of Contracted Carriers
- Drop Agreement – Contracted Carriers are allowed to drop trailers in Best Buy’s RDC yards. This allows the facilities to work trailers early based on their staffing and workload. It also allows the drivers to move to their next appointment and frees up capacity for carriers. Carriers are contracted, but not required to drop at all RDCs. An exception process is in place if the appointment needs to be live offloaded [Reference Section 7.6.1].
- EDI Capable – Contracted Carriers are required to be EDI capable.
- Inbound Process and Operations – Contracted Carriers work closely with Best Buy on operational performance and efficient inbound process, and often have a dedicated Best Buy Transportation single point of contact for inbound scheduling and Collect Carrier Performance management.
- The list of Best Buy's Preferred Carriers is available on the Partner Portal.
12.3 EDI – Contracted Carrier Requirement
All Contracted Carriers are required to be EDI capable. EDI allows Best Buy and carrier systems to interact and eliminates the need for manual keying of information on both sides.
Specific carrier EDI requirements will be called out at time of carrier set-up and require a signed contract.
To reference the testing requirements and technical documents for US Carrier EDI, please go to https://partners.bestbuy.com/united-states/carrier/edi. All testing must have direct Carrier involvement, no through a third party. Carriers should also work directly with the Scheduling Team on setting up business process for scheduling appointments using the EDI documents and receiving appointment confirmations.
For questions regarding EDI, please contact the EDI Team.
12.4 Carrier Pick Up Requirements
Manage and adhere to Best Buy tender accept/pick-up appointments:
- Carrier receives tender request via EDI204
- Carrier must accept request within 90 minutes via EDI990 (TL Only)
- Carrier manages pick-up of tender excepted load (by mode) according to the shipping instructions
- TL: Carrier must contact the vendor to arrange pick-up details at least 24 hours prior to assigned pick-up date according to the shipping instructions
- LTL: Vendor will contact the respective less-than-truckload carrier's local terminal to arrange pick-up details at least 24 hours prior to assigned pick-up date
12.5 Additional Information
Typically, Best Buy does not assign same-day pick-up appointments.
Carrier is responsible for managing the scheduled appointment through delivery [Reference Section 7].
Contact your Best Buy Load Planner with any other questions or concerns.