Best Buy Releases Latest Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Best Buy Releases Latest Environmental, Social and Governance ReportPublished 06/29/2020
We recently released our latest environmental, social and governance (ESG) report, “Doing a World of Good,” which details commitments and progress made during fiscal 2020.
At Best Buy, we aim to enrich lives through technology, providing value for all stakeholders, including customers, employees, partners, shareholders, communities and the environment.
Highlights from last year include:
- Partnering with solar developer, X-ELIO, and U.S. Bank, to introduce Best Buy Solar Field, located in Martin, South Carolina;
- Collecting 204 million pounds of electronics and appliances for recycling;
- Increasing the number of female employees companywide by 2%;
- Expanding our Career Pathways program to 17 Teen Tech Centers; and
- Reporting our private-label suppliers are 98% conflict free (remaining 2% have committed to an audit).
To learn more about how together with our customers and partners, we are aiming to do a world of good, visit BestBuy.com/sustainability.